NOW ACCEPTING RESUMES FOR, FALL 2021 AND SPRING 2022.
The Reading Royals', proud ECHL affiliate of the Philadelphia Flyers and Lehigh Valley Phantoms, staff is a driven, energetic team who is constantly striving to create the best fan experience both on and off the ice. We’re in search of college or graduate students with the right combination of initiative, people skills, and marketing savvy to help us grow. Internship opportunities are available within the marketing, game operations and merchandise departments.
As one of the 2021-2022 season interns, you will have the opportunity to work on creative initiatives, marketing campaigns, merchandise sales and buying, as well game operations. You will also get to experience the excitement of game days!
Interns will get to work games, learn about game operations, help sell 50/50 and chuck a puck as well as assist with on-ice promotions. This isn’t just your average college internship: we pride ourselves in creating a prestigious learning environment for people to grow and evolve into full-time candidates. If you are a creative go-getter, who isn’t afraid to think outside the box, then we want to hear from you!
TO SUBMIT A RESUME SEE DEPARTMENT CONTACT BELOW:
|Ticketing, Marketing, Game Operations||Chris Hazelemail@example.com|
|Broadcast, Media Relations, Community Engagement||Dylan Coylefirstname.lastname@example.org|
KEY FOCUS AND LEARNING
- How to develop and maintain a company brand through community engagement and digital platforms
- The process of creating a marketing plan including social media, ticket sales strategy and promotion
- How to monitor and report on in-house marketing and community relations efforts
- The steps of the sales cycle
- Cold calling techniques that will help you connect with and pitch to the right people
- How to use leading sales software programs
- How to communicate with the marketing department to produce great sales collateral
- How to create and maintain relationships with clients
- Learn about the broadcast industry and how to interact local and national media
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- An intern candidate with a positive attitude, a willingness to learn, is self-confident, has professionalism, and has a strong sense of accountability
- A willingness to "roll up your sleeve" and work hard to achieve goals
- Ability to build relationships, work and contribute in a team-based environment and deliver excellence in client service
- Shared passion for the business and a desire to positively influence the business
- A high level of comfort interacting with all kinds of people
- Strong interpersonal/customer service skills, including strong oral and communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both outside and throughout the organization
- Someone who expects the highest quality performance from self and others
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills